Saturday night I went to help my mom paint my little sister's room at their new house. We were painting stripes and it had taken us forever to get the stripes measured out and taped off to start painting. We wanted to get at least get one color painted on, we are painting a bright green color, dark pink, light pink and brown to match the stripes on her bed spread, it is going to be very cute.
We knew that we would only be able to stay until 8 because my mom would have to get the kids home and ready for bed. I decided that to help her out I would stay and get the first color painted on. I moved through it pretty quickly and it looked great. I finished off the second coat and went to get a drink, they haven't moved in to the house yet so there isn't any furniture. I sat down on the ground to watch the little TV we have moved over there. I had seriously been sitting there for about 3 minutes when it happened.
I had an itch on my back and reached up to scratch it... well it wasn't an itch it was a scorpion, on my back. And he stung me twice, once on the back and once on the finger. It hurt so bad.
I freaked out and got it out of my shirt and ran to grab my phone to call my mom to come get me. The pain was pretty bad, it spread out all over my back and from the tip on my finger to my shoulder.
I think that the worst part of the whole thing was that the nasty little scorpion was touching me, he crawled up me, gross, gross, gross. Every time I think about it I gross out and I still feel like its is on me!! GROSS!
Luckily after taking a nice amount of acetaminophen, I was able to fall asleep. All day Sunday my entire left arm was tingly, it felt like it was asleep but I couldn't wake it up. As the day went on it slowly went away until it was just the very tip of my finger... hopefully it won't last to terribly much longer.
So I've been stung by a scorpion, I'm the only one in my family to have been stung and we've lived in Arizona for almost 10 years. This would happen to me!
I've learned that things aren't so bad when you look for the good in what happened.
So next time I stay late to help paint one my brother or sisters bedrooms... I'm going to be a lot more careful. :)
And then to top it all off.. .the Suns lost to the Lakers that night. Not one of the greatest Saturday nights of all time!
We knew that we would only be able to stay until 8 because my mom would have to get the kids home and ready for bed. I decided that to help her out I would stay and get the first color painted on. I moved through it pretty quickly and it looked great. I finished off the second coat and went to get a drink, they haven't moved in to the house yet so there isn't any furniture. I sat down on the ground to watch the little TV we have moved over there. I had seriously been sitting there for about 3 minutes when it happened.
I had an itch on my back and reached up to scratch it... well it wasn't an itch it was a scorpion, on my back. And he stung me twice, once on the back and once on the finger. It hurt so bad.
I freaked out and got it out of my shirt and ran to grab my phone to call my mom to come get me. The pain was pretty bad, it spread out all over my back and from the tip on my finger to my shoulder.
I think that the worst part of the whole thing was that the nasty little scorpion was touching me, he crawled up me, gross, gross, gross. Every time I think about it I gross out and I still feel like its is on me!! GROSS!
Luckily after taking a nice amount of acetaminophen, I was able to fall asleep. All day Sunday my entire left arm was tingly, it felt like it was asleep but I couldn't wake it up. As the day went on it slowly went away until it was just the very tip of my finger... hopefully it won't last to terribly much longer.
So I've been stung by a scorpion, I'm the only one in my family to have been stung and we've lived in Arizona for almost 10 years. This would happen to me!
Good things about getting stung:
1. It was on my left hand, I hardly ever use that one anyway
1. It was on my left hand, I hardly ever use that one anyway
2. It also stung me on my back not my foot, I would not have been happy about that.
3. The scorpion stung me in the exact place that Tragdon and Halee had been laying down watching a movie all afternoon. So it was good that it was me and not them
4. It stung me twice, so everyone that has been stung once... I trump you.
I've learned that things aren't so bad when you look for the good in what happened.
So next time I stay late to help paint one my brother or sisters bedrooms... I'm going to be a lot more careful. :)
And then to top it all off.. .the Suns lost to the Lakers that night. Not one of the greatest Saturday nights of all time!
2 comments:
I love that one of the good things about getting stung was that it happened twice, so now you can always one up everyone, "well I walked on the moon!" I miss you tons, hope you're feeling better! :D
Oh my goodness!!!! That is crazy! I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment