Thursday, September 16, 2010

World Record

Get ready for the worlds longest blog post!

I wanted to start with a quote from our institute class

" Just when all seems to be right, challenges often come in multiple doses simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Proverbs 3:11-12)" - Richard G. Scott

This quote fits our lives perfectly. Last Christmas our lives were perfect, we had our live perfectly planned out and knew exactly what we wanted to do. Everything was falling into place, and then in just one small moment our lives completely changed. Last Christmas we were living with the Cordners and looking for a new place to live, Kyle was getting ready to take his Kaplan class for the MCAT, he was going to take it in April and then start apply to medical schools. He was going to graduate this May and we would hopefully be going to medical school a year from now. Two days after Christmas all of that changed and our lives are nothing like what they were before Christmas. The next 7 months were the most difficult of our lives. Kyle lost about 40lbs in a very short amount of time, we had a lot of Doctors visits, ER visits, an endoscopy, colonoscopy and a videoscopy. Finally after months of worry and trying really hard to stay positive our lives are slowly returning to normal. The doctors have tentatively labeled Kyle with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, but they are not one hundred percent sure. We are going to wait and see if he continues to improve, but for about the past two months things have been wonderful. This experience has changed the way we think about our lives, how we plan things and has changed what we want for the future. Our plans are slowly starting to rebuild in a very different way, but we have faith that this is what the Lord wants us to do. We moved into a wonderful townhouse, we are in a wonderful ward, I am the new beehive advisor and I LOVE IT!!! Kyle is trying to be a good sport about his sunbeam class :) Kyle is back in school and is going to graduate a year from Christmas. He is now getting ready to start his Kaplan class for the DAT which he will take in the Spring and then we will start applying for dental schools, and we will hopefully be going to dental school (fingers cross for Ohio State) in the fall of 2012. Life is full of adventures, trials, and especially blessings.

Now for the fun stuff!

We went to a Diamondbacks game awhile ago, my baby brother is one cool dude!
Carson wants to be just like Kyle in every way, kyle is a really good example to him as you can see from the picture below.
This is my little cousin Lynlee, she is the sweetest little girl in the entire world. The baseball she is holding was given to her by one of the umpires, he picked her out of the crowd and brought the ball right to her, it was really cute.
Below is the biggest waste of two dollars. But its funny.
We love our sunday afternoon naps
My Dad and uncles new Dental office Alameda Dental Care after it was remodeled. I wish I had a before picture because it was so crazy!!! It looks a million times better now.
This is about half of my parents new backyard. We love this new house!
This was Kyle's first day of school picture! Isn't he so cute! It has been so fun to have him back in school working hard and doing so well. All of those ASU girls better stay away, I know he is ridiculously good looking, but he is mine.
Please enjoy the video below, my little brother loves to play the Wii, especially this sword fighting game. He is better than any adult at it, he is the only one that can beat the game! It look like at last my parents have a child that is really going to accomplish things in life.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Natalee I love you! hahaha, I'm glad that you guys are looking at all the positives on such a hard situation. Dude, I could totally go to Ohio State Spring 2012 too... they have a great Masters Program for Healthcare Administration! We could be in Columbus at the same time, with Sean and Angell! But you couples would hang out and I will be all alone and single, or maybe I will be on a mission then, who knows! Anyway, I love you, and I can't wait to see you in a week! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post - I was so good to finally hear from you guys! I am happy to hear that kyle is feeling better. We sure do love and miss you guys!