Saturday, September 8, 2012

Last Semester?

Remember this post? I made it through the summer successfully, and I started my last semester in August. It has been an uphill battle these past few weeks. I swear the world (ASU) does not want to graduate... ever!

Over the summer I set up a phone appointment with my advisor to go over all of my classes to make sure I was good to go come December. I needed 15 credits to graduate, which was going to make for a crazy fall semester but I knew I could handle it.

As we are going over my DARS report (basically a list of all the credits/classes I've taken) she realizes that there is a "duplicate". I took a history class duel enrollment in high school, and then a similar (definitely NOT the same) history class at BYU. So they took away 3 credits that I had worked very hard for! Now I needed 18 credits to graduate and I was starting to freak out. Then as I was looking over the rest of my transfer credits, I realized that ASU had transferred one Book of Mormon class but no the other. I asked my advisor and she looked it up, and told me it didn't transfer because I got a D in the class... umm no... I did not fail my religion.

So if I was able to transfer that class for 2 credits, I would only have to add one more 1 credit class. That wasn't too bad. I could handle that.

It transferred! Wahoo! Party time right? No. Because now they took away .5 credits from a snowboarding classes that I took at BYU. What? Why? I have no idea and I'm ticked. That means that if I don't get them to give back my .5 credits I will be .5 credits away from a bachelors degree come December. Are you kidding? Can you say nightmare?

And it gets worse. I was signed up for 3 classes at Chandler Gilbert Community College because lets face it they are easier and cheaper. One of my classes a psychology class was supposed to start August 25th, a Saturday... which should have been my first clue that this class was going to be a bust. Well the class never showed up up in Blackboard (that where I do my online classes). I emailed the teacher 4 times! and heard back from her a week later (at 1 in the morning... second clue that this lady was crazy). Anyway I am now 2 weeks late in the class and I haven't been able to access it, so I'm done and I'm going to have to find another class at ASU to make up for it. So it will be a little harder, but I'll still get those three credits by December.

This feels like a nightmare where you are trying to run to something, and you just never can get there. Please pray for me that ASU gives back my .5 credits so that I can graduate this fall.

I am so frustrated that this has been so difficult! But I am working so hard to be done before this new little girl comes so I can just be their mommy and not worry about any stupid tests or discussion boards!

One day I will be grateful for this degree, but today I want to give up. It feels like I'm never going to get there.

Sorry this has been such a downer post, its actually been a really good day, despite the school fiasco I'm trying to work out (I've sent about a 100 emails today). To make myself feel better I started packing for our Disneyland trip (3 DAYS!). Even though it is a few days away, packing makes it feel a little bit more real that I am going. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I'm just nervous about the flight there with Abby... by myself... hopefully she is nice to me.

A little Abby Update: Abby is learning how to help me do chores. She holds the dustpan for me while I sweep, she throws trash away(actually she will throw anything away I have to watch her close). She even helps me move the clothes from the washer to the dryer to the laundry basket. Its really fun. She never wants to help me pick up her toys, she just wants to pull them back out again.

And if you were wondering I will NOT be cheering for ASU today during their football game.


3 comments:

Tara said...

You didn't cheer for the devils? I did, only because I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with three U of A crazies and the only way I could have fun was to cheer for the ASU game! They didn't like that too much!

Danae said...

I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time! If it makes you feel any better I've been going through similar issues since I came home deciding to do Maricopa Community college's nursing program! The best part? I have to take anatomy and physiology 2...they won't transfer my anatomy and physiology that I took at BYU as both classes. Very frustrating and discouraging. I hope everything works out for you!

Tara said...

Hang in there, no matter what all will turn out well!!

Mom Cordner