Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween!

This Halloween was so much fun! It was a couple weeks long celebration. This second year of dental school has been really busy for kyle. We don't see him very much, so we really cherished the time we were able to spend with him celebrating Halloween! 

We started everything off with a trip to a pumpkin patch! There was this one pumpkin patch that everyone had told us about that was supposed to be a lot of fun. It was about 40min away but we decided it was worth it and woke Jules up from her nap early to trek out to Bloomfield. On our way out there I had the impression that I needed to check to website to see if the pumpkin patch was even open (we had a fiasco with showing up to a closed pumpkin patch that was supposed to be open last year). Even though the day had been absolutely beautiful, it had snowed a couple nights before so I was worried that might cause the patch to be closed. I jumped on their website on my phone (how I LOVE modern technology) and saw that the pumpkin patch was indeed closed. So I hurried and looked up other pumpkin patches and it turned out there was one even closer and the exit for it was the very next exit. Talk about perfect timing. It was such a testimony builder to me that the Lord knows us. He knows our needs and wants. I knew in that moment that he cared about me and my desire to take my Abby to a pumpkin patch. This one was open and was perfect for what we wanted. Abby was in heaven with all the pumpkins. She picked one out for herself and for Juliet. And she carried that pumpkin around everywhere for the next few weeks. It was so cute. 


After the pumpkin patch we went out to dinner. It was the first time we had taken both girls to a sit down restaurant in a really really long time. They both did great. And of course we had to bring the pumpkin with us. She was so cute with that pumpkin.


The next festive activity was the ward trunk or treat. It was pretty fun. They didn't start dinner until 5:30 and the line for dinner was 40 minutes long. It was ridiculous. So we didn't start the trunk or treat until 7 and it was dark and freezing by that time. We couldn't see anyone's costumes so that was a bummer. But our costumes turned out so cute! I made Abby's cop costume. It turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to. She looked adorable. So we were bank robbers, Abby was a cop and Juliet was our bag of money. It was great.


This picture didn't really turn out. It was so dark by the time we got our trunk set up that no one could even really see how cool it was. So we had our bags of "money" and we handed out 100 grand bars. That was Kyle's idea and I loved it!





All of Abby's candy. She was in Heaven. She loved trick or treating. The next morning I heard her downstairs with Kyle saying "Halloween I love you!" as loud as she could. It was hilarious.


Juliet's first sucker. I think that had she not been so cold she would have enjoyed it a lot more.


The night after the trunk or treat we went to the Seller's house for a spooky dinner. I am so sad that I didn't get any pictures but it was so fun. Abby had a ball. We didn't even see her the entire time. She went straight downstairs with the kids and had so much fun playing. I love that she is becoming her own little person.

The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins with friends. This is one of my favorite halloween activities. Not really because I love carving pumpkins but because I LOVE pumpkin seeds. So Kyle carved the big pumpkin and I carved the little mickey pumpkin. The only thing that could have made the pumpkins better for Abby was putting Mickey and Minnie on them. She was thrilled with the results. I love Juliet's face in this. Classic.




Then it was finally the big day. For Trick or Treating Abby was a cheerleader. And Juliet was a baby trying to keep warm in the freezing cold wind. Sorry Juliet for the lack of costumes on you. It was more important to keep you warm!

Abby loved trick or treating. She knew what we were about to do and she was so excited. In the picture below she is telling me "candy!" She didn't want to take anymore pictures, she wanted to get started. She would march right up to the doors and start knocking. If they didn't come fast enough she would knock again. When they would answer she would hold up her little pumpkin as high as she could. Then say thank you and run to the next door. We were all laughing so hard. It was too cute.



Clark Kent and the cheer leader. These two are so cute together.








As much as I enjoy Halloween, I am always really happy when it is over because then the REAL holidays can begin. And yes we are already listening to Christmas music. And I am so ready to put up the Christmas decorations. I think this is going to be the best Holiday season yet!

No comments: