Friday, December 5, 2014

October


October was an adventure. We went hiking again, and had lots and lots of halloween fun. I introduced "The Nightmare Before Christmas" at the beginning of the month. I figured it would scare the girls and they wouldn't want to watch it again. I could't have been more wrong. They loved loved loved it. And they wanted to watch it every single moment of every single day. And they wanted to listen to the music every time we were in the car. I am going to need an entire year to recover from that one. 

Here are some the photos from our October photo stream:


Abby taking selfies with the iPad in the car. This little girl and her funny faces crack us up. 

Pouting


In between sessions of conference we went up to foothills with Jolene and her family. We roasted hot dogs and had a picnic lunch. It was so much fun, until Juliet fell down in a pile of fire ants. That was heartbreaking.


Tim came up to visit us for a couple days and we went hiking at Devils Head. It was the coolest hike. It was actually a lot harder than we thought it would be, but it was totally worth it. The hike is 2 miles up and when you reach the top you climb up 1473very steep steps to get to the fire lookout. Then we could see almost all of colorado. It was amazing.







Seriously one of the prettiest and most rewarding hikes I have every been on.


We made sugar cookies one night. Abby loves this activity and always wants to make holiday cookies. I can't wait to do Christmas ones!





We went to the pumpkin patch twice! Once with friends, and we had so much fun we had to take daddy back. This pumpkin patch was so fun, and free! You could go in the bouncy houses and down the slide as many times as you wanted. They had all kinds of farm animals and then incredible pumpkin patches. The breathtaking backdrop was pretty awesome too.





This little girl is so beautiful. Inside and out. I can't believe how grown up and wonderful she is. She always gets herself dressed so I never know what she is going to look like when we leave the house. And she refuses to wear church shoes, she always wears her minnie mouse shoes... usually on the wrong feet. When we tell her they are on the wrong feet, she says "No they not". Because how could we possible know more than a 3 year old?



We carved some incredible pumpkins this year. Abby loved them, and both girls loved the pumpkin seeds I baked.




I took Abby to the Disney store to look at costumes and everything was 40% off, that totally made the costumes reasonable. So I let her pick out what she wanted to be. Out of everything in there she wanted to be Snow White. Over Rupunzel, Cinderella and even Elsa! But she loves, loves, loves that Snow White dress. So much so that it has a rip in it now that I need to fix. Little Jules got to be tinker bell. Thats Halee's halloween costume from years ago, then Abby's a few years ago and now Juliet's. They both looks so darling. The night of the Trunk or Treat was beautiful. Not freezing like last year. They both had a great time trick or treating at all the cars. Abby was pulling my hand as hard as she could to move faster. Juliet said "Dank you" at every single car.

They loved regular trick or treating too. Although Jules was not a big fan of walking up to strange houses, but she will do what ever Abby does. So she toughed it out.

Abby loved having the trick or treaters come to our house and handing out candy. Abby was a huge fan of Halloween.




One of our friends little boy's birthday is on halloween. He is the cute little pumpkin in the middle. That was a fun way to kick off halloween.


A family selfie because we are super cute.


Another gorgeous picture of Abby.



Sisterly love. I can't get over how much these girls mean to each other.



Jules loves monster smoothies.



More pictures from the pumpkin patch. Abby loved this slide!




We went to do a little shopping at costco and have lunch. Right as were getting finished a costco employee came out with these two ice cream sundaes and said that someone had gifted them to us. How awesome is that? It totally made our day!


Backseat selfie.



Running selfie. Running in the fall has to be a favorite of mine. Its so incredibly beautiful.


I ran a 10k with my two really good friends. Kaity and I rocked it! We kept it at or under a 10 minute mile the entire time. For where we both were at the time that was incredible. We never walked and it felt amazing to cross that finish line together. We have ran 4 races together, but this is the first one we finished at the same time. I love having a running partner!


No comments: