Monday, April 3, 2017

Spring Break

We had the funnest trip to San Diego over spring break! The girls were fantastic on the drive over there and back. They really are great travelers. We stayed at the Welk resort in Escondido. Seriously so fun! We got in Sunday afternoon and got settled in. 

Monday morning I got up early for a quick run and a workout. Juliet woke up pretty early telling me her ear hurt again! Luckily Kyle is a doctor so he was able to call her in a prescription and we gave her some tylenol. A few hours later she was fine! We headed to the San Diego zoo that morning. It was the coolest zoo. We saw so many animals doing so many cool things. We saw Panda bears and Koala bears! I've always wanted to see those. The elephants were so cool. The Lions were actually awake. I don't know if I've ever seen lions awake. Ha ha! The Jaguar was growling at us through the glass window. That thing was huge! The polar bear was swimming all over and doing lots of tricks. We walked all over for over half the day and only saw a fraction of the zoo! The hills in that zoo were killer. We had the double stroller with all these kids and people kept laughing at us. We were quite the site. We had a blast though. 

That afternoon we headed back to the resort and went swimming. Dinner at a yummy pizza place and then passing out early for a good nights sleep. 

The next day we went to the beach! The girls first time seeing and playing in the ocean. We went to the Oceanside beach. It was really fun! It was pretty rocky and the ocean was freezing. But we let the waves chase us and got our feet wet. We build some awesome sand castles which was fun. Jane was obsessed with the seagulls. She chased them all over the place. 

After a picnic lunch on the beach we walked all the way down the pier where Jane was only happy if she was freaking us out walking way to close to edge where the slats in the fence were a little to wide for our liking. 

Then it was back to the resort for more swimming. We relaxed in the room for a bit and then headed down to La Jolla to see the sea lions and get some dinner. That part of the trip was a nightmare. The traffic was horrific! Once we got down there the sea lions were really cool, but seriously stinky. We were all soon hungry. We walked up to restaurants to find something to eat, but everything was too fancy for us. The one we had looked up and planned to eat at was closed down! So we hopped back in the car and fought more traffic and ended up eating at a Rubios right by the temple. We all felt a lot better after we ate. 

We went and walked around the temple grounds and then headed back to Escondido. It was a long night but it ended up a good memory. 

We woke up Wednesday morning, packed up and headed home. I was really not feeling well. I got like a little touch of the stomach flu. It made the drive a little miserable. Luckily it went pretty fast. I felt a lot better after I took a little nap in the car. The girls were great again. The best was when we were coming up on a rest stop and we asked if anyone needed to go potty. No answer. As we are just passing the exit Juliet yells "I need to go potty". Between Arizona and California there aren't a lot of options. She said she would hold it and then peed her pants before we got to the next rest stop. Poor thing. So it was a miserable drive for her. 

We made it home safely and we made some fantastic memories. Next time we go we won't leave the resort ever. We spent a lot of time in the car and all the girls wanted to do was swim at the resort. It was a really cool pool. It has a huge water slide and a splash pad. Super fun. Its just fun to be together with no distractions. I love being able to help my girls make these special memories. Its the best part of being a parent. Being able to give them a childhood is so amazing. I really treasure it and I hope when they look back on these things they have happy memories. 

Its a exhausting to be a fun parent though. Kyle and I decided we need to take a long break from it. 

Lunch at the zoo


Abby said "take a picture"


These hills! So crazy! 


Poor Jane, Napping in the carseat isn't easy.



the wild flowers were out of control! So beautiful! 


The ocean was so fun! I love the sand and the waves. We loved watching all the surfers out there. 


we had sand all over the place. 








all the seagulls gathered around when we started eating





she was seriously obsessed 


I love this family of mine! 





Excuse the watermark, I'm not paying $25 for this one image. But if you look close look at Jane. Every time I see it, I laugh and laugh. 


The view from our balcony! So gorgeous! 


Juliet wanted to see those elephants so bad. She kept pulling out the map to make sure we were moving in the right directions. When we asked her what her favorite part was she kept saying "my elephants". 



Jane must climb all the things. All. the. time.







the girls waited all day for some cotton candy. Its the small things. 


Getting ready to go to the beach! 


La Jolla




No comments: