Tuesday, May 8, 2018

April


 In April we continued the crazy of everyone getting sick!! The first 7 weeks of Eliza’s life someone was sick every single week. It is out of control! Luckily by Kyle’s birthday in the middle of the month everyone was finally healthy.

April 1st was Easter and conference. It was such a good day. We had an amazing Easter dinner at my parents house. It was so fun watching the girls find their Easter eggs in the back yard. We did another Easter egg hunt at my parent’s house that was so fun. 

We went and fed the ducks at Discovery Park. There was a momma duck with her sweet little babies there. So cute! The ducks were very brave and even ate the food out of our hands!!

The girls have just loved on Eliza. People have asked if the novelty has worn off, and it hasn’t. Especially once Eliza started smiling at them. They can’t get enough. The want to hold her and are constantly asking where she is while she is napping. They always want to see her when her eyes are open. Abby is the biggest helper. She can actually hold Eliza and calm her down a little bit. Abby is so responsible when it comes to her sisters. She really knows how to take care of them. I love it!

The second week of April was my turn to get sick. I got mastitis!! It was the worst ever! I have never been so sick. I made it through the morning getting Juliet and Abby to school. Luckily Kyle got off of work super early that day. It was his last Tuesday half day. He rushed home and took all of the girls to his parents house so I could rest (lay in bed and feel like I was going to die all day). I just pumped and pumped to try and get things flushed out. It hurt so bad. Luckily my doctors office called in an antibiotic that after noon and by the next morning I was feeling much better. It took a couple days to fully recover. I really really hope that never happens again. My mom said she got it 6 times when she was nursing me!! I adore my mom and am so grateful for all she does for me. But learning first hand the pains she felt while taking care of me really give me a whole new appreciation for her. She is an angel.

We had Jane’s birthday party! I had big plans for this party. She really wanted a Sofia party. But then I got sick that week and didn’t have the energy to do half of what I wanted. But it still turned out really cute. She loved it! And that’s what really matters. I set up all the decorations when she was asleep (she never naps but she took a small one on her birthday). When she woke up she came downstairs and I had everything set up. She was so excited. Her little reaction to it made my whole life happy. I love being able to do these little things for them that just make them so happy!

That night the whole family came over to celebrate our Jane.  It was so fun to have everyone there. Jane loved all her gifts. We got her a new set of Princess figurines. She loves those princesses. I whipped up a little drawstring bag for her to carry them around in. Its made life a lot easier.

Abby learned how to ride her bike! She bought that bike with her own money over a year ago. We have tried countless times to get her to ride it. She refuses. Its been driving me nuts!! Then one day they had all been playing in the backyard and she comes in and asked me to come see what she was doing out there. I go out and she is riding the bike. No help. She figured it out on her own. That is the story of Abby’s life. Little miss independent. Just back up, give her room and she will figure it out. Man I love that girl.

The weather has bounced back and forth between death heat and perfections. We have tried so hard to soak up all of the perfect days. The evenings have been so nice! We sit outside after dinner almost every day and let the girls ride their bikes. We have been getting to know some of our neighbors better because we have been out there so much. Its really nice. We have spent lots of time playing at the park too!

Eliza has decided that long naps in her crib are ridiculous. So that’s made things tricky. I have a hard time getting things done. Unless I’m either sitting and bouncing her in her bouncer or if I put her in the wrap. Luckily she will sleep for hours in the wrap, but that can be tricky if I don’t want to be standing for hours. But that wrap has saved my life. I can put her in it and take the girls to the park and make dinner and she will happily sleep away. Hopefully I can keep her taking naps in it for a long time because it makes church so easy! She sleeps the whole time and I can use both my hands. It’s nice.

She is just the sweetest baby. Seriously. Her smiles have been everything this month. Her little coos are just the sweetest too. She is still sleeping at night like an angel. She goes down about 8:30 and wakes up between 7 and 8. Sometimes she will still wake up between 5-6 but I just nurse her for a little bit and she goes right back to sleep until 8. It’s awesome.

Because Eliza is such an awesome sleeper I’ve been able to start running a little bit. The weather has been gorgeous in the mornings and I’m grateful I’ve been able to enjoy it a little bit. I’m slow and it hurts but I’m doing it!

Lacee had her senior prom and we were able to meet up where they were taking pictures before the dance. It was so fun to see her. She looked like a movie star. So pretty! I can’t believe she will be graduating high school in May. So crazy.

We only have a few more weeks of school and then it is summer time! I’m really hoping we survive it. Its going to be hot and we are going to be here pretty much the entire summer. Not fun. Hopefully next year is better. But I’m really determined to make some amazing summer memories.





Look at those little baby ducks!! Seriously so cute.






This was the day I got mastitis. I was feeling so sick and could hardly move. I was trying to muster up the strength to get up and take Juliet to Preschool. Eliza started fussing and Jules picked her up and bounced her. She can drive me absolutely crazy with touching everyone. But she is so sweet and loving to all of us. 


1 month old!! 





Milk coma


baking, baking, baking








All six of us sitting on a small portion of the very large couch. Sometimes (all the time) the amount of touching drives me absolutely crazy. But I try really hard to soak it in. They won't be like this forever. Jules probably will. But not everyone else. 


Those eyes are still blue! 


Jane "ate" her food. I found this later after she had a treat. She is sneaky.


I got Juliet and Jane to sleep one day. Not Eliza. But two out of three isn't bad. 


We went down to downtown Gilbert to get a free treat for Kyle. It was so much fun. 


blond fuzzy head


This day was a good day. Eliza took a good nap and these girls were playing so cute together. They were "chasing fairies" with their "magic wands". I love it. These moments are the ones I need to hold onto when everything else gets so crazy and overwhelming. 


This little girl pushes my buttons. Every day. But holy cow do I love her. She is incredible and special and so full of life. 


Kyle is very tired. 


Juliet selfie





seriously tired


Kyle very much dislikes celebrating his birthday. He doesn't like being the center of attention. Unfortunately for him, I love celebrating him. I invited all of our families over for dessert the Sunday after his birthday. It was the yummiest cake! It wasn't really a cake, it was brownie layered with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and then topped with a chocolate ganache. He loved it. But as you can tell from this picture he did not love it when I made everyone sing to him. I can't stop and I won't stop. I love that man!! 




Checking to see if she was asleep with my phone. She was totally relaxed, I was shocked to see her little eyes wide open. 





When you pee in the top bunk and the bottom bunk you have to sleep in the tee pee. We're working on it. 


Family s'mores night! I love Jane's marshmallow. She couldn't wait for it to be cooked, so its got a big bite out of it. 


best big sister ever right here


And the best dad ever. 


No comments: