Thursday, June 30, 2011

1 Month

1 Month Stats
Weight: 8lbs 13 ounces (25th percentile)
Length: 21.75 inches (70th percentile)
Head: 14.5inches (30th percentile)




Dear Abby,

This first month of your life has been such a fun adventure! You have your parents wrapped around your cute little fingers. We have had so much fun getting to know you and learning how to be parents. Since we have brought you home from the hospital you have been sleeping really well at night. The shortest amount you sleep at night is 4 hours and the longest you have slept is just short of 8 hours. When you do wake up you eat and go right back to sleep. During the day you like to take little cat naps and spend the rest of the day eating and playing with me. Nursing was very rough at first and I almost gave up. Luckily you knew more about what we were doing than I did and we are getting to be pros at it. You have been giving us social smiles since you were two weeks old and it has been so much fun. You love to watch baby mozart, which gives mommy some time to get ready during the day. You look so much like your dad, its so cute. I think I can claim your nose and that is about it. During your first month of life you have done so many things! We went to Cars 2 and 17 miracles in the movie theater. You did great and slept through both movies, which was a miracle because you don't usually take such long naps! We've been out to dinner twice, and you did great. You love to have people to talk to and things to look at, so we try to keep busy. You're only a month old and you don't like to snuggle anymore! You like to sit on our laps and look at what we are looking at. When you are awake your little arms and legs are constantly moving. As soon as you can start moving I don't think we will ever get you to hold still. Your favorite place to take naps are on your Daddy's chest. You refuse to sleep laid out on your back, you like to sleep in your little sleeper that lets you curl up a little bit. I like to spoil you and rock you to sleep. I could hold you in my arms all day long! We are having so much fun with you and we are looking forward to seeing your little personality develop more and more. We love you little Abby!

Love,
Mom and Dad


3 comments:

Tara said...

This was the cutest post ever! I love her so much! You two did good! I can't wait to see her when I come home for like the 2 days this summer!!!

Jen said...

I saw that last picture and it reminded me a bit of seeing other little Cordners many years ago. She is beautiful!

Danae said...

What a fun post! :) I just have to mention that my baby girl weighed more than your little Abby is at one month when she was born! I'm glad you guys are doing so well! :) Can we have a play date soon so I can meet this sweet little girl?!