This morning I was working on our patio cleaning out dead plants and weeds to get ready to plant new things. Juliet was asleep and Abby was playing with her chalk and running around. She loves to play this new game with me where we hold hands and I say "ready, set, go" and then we run as fast as we can across the patio. As soon as she was distracted with her chalk I got down to business cleaning out weeds. I had my gardening gloves on and every once in a while Abby would come over and help me put some weeds in the garbage bag. Then she disappeared. I thought she got bored and went inside to play. A little while later she comes back outside and she has this little pink mitten on her hand. She was so proud of herself and she was ready to pull weeds just like me. With her mitten on her hand she worked with me the rest of the morning. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen.
She let me get a couple of pictures before she was done with pictures. This little girl cracks me up.
I would love to have been in her mind as she saw my gloves and made the connection that she had some of those, and then went in the house to find it. I can just imagine her little face when she found it and got it on her hand without any help. Then she ran outside ready to help her mom. I am so grateful for this little girl. She makes me want to be a better person because I know that she is watching every little thing that I do. Right down to how I pull weeds. I want to be the best example I can be so that she will grow up to be a righteous, strong woman.
I love my little Abby. Thank you for making my day today! I love you!




1 comment:
I mailed her bithday package today...Yes, I am late as usual...but I saw these little gardening gloves by my gloves that Aniston wore once then I washed them and they srunk..I thought of Abby....I think I am pretty darn in tune as her GG.....
She is precious just as you are to us...
We learn from our children how to be a better person and keep our priorites in order!!
loves Grammee GG
Post a Comment