We have been having so much since we have been back in Arizona. Kyle was on break for the past week and we had so much fun. We didn't really do a whole lot and it was awesome. We kicked off spring break with Kyle having Jury duty, and then I followed up the next day by doing my jury duty. Kyle almost got picked for a jury, but they released him after they found out I had jury duty the next day and that we had a 2 year old and a 1 year old at home. Then I fought horrible traffic, and heavy snow to get downtown the next morning. I sat in a big room with hundreds of other people for 4 hours before they sent everyone home. All the court cases had canceled for the day. So that was nice. I read an entire book. Although I was anxious to get home and be with my family, it was nice to get to sit and do nothing for a few hours.
The rest of Spring Break was spent potty training little miss Abby. And she did great! We started Wednesday and by 10 on Wednesday morning I was done. She didn't seem to be getting it. She wanted to sit on the toilet, but she didn't know how to actually make herself go, until it was coming. Then it finally clicked and she has done great since then. We are still struggling at night. She doesn't realize she is going. She is passed out and doesn't even wake up while I'm changing her clothes and bedding. So we'll see how that goes. I had a good friend give me some amazing advice. When she potty trains her kids she pulls out this little gumboil machine that she fills with their favorite candy. Every time they go they get a coin to put in and get to get some candy. I love that idea because Abby's two favorite things are "coins" and m&ms. So that has been a huge help. I'm so proud of her. She has shared an m&m with her little sister each time too. How adorable is that? She is a good big sister and a wonderful little girl. We just love her.
I made Abby this "let it go" cape out of extra fabric that I had laying around. She loves it so much. I want to make her a better one in fabric like Elsa's.
We have had some very nice weather lately, with a few cold snowy days in-between. We have taken advantage of the warm days and spend as much time outside as possible. It's so nice.
The day after we got back into town Kyle took me to Jim Gaffigan. It was so much fun! We left the girls with my Aunt JoJo. I was so grateful she was able to watch them. They had so much fun with all of my little cousins. Kyle and I got to the theater early so that we could walk around and find somewhere fun to eat. It was so much fun to be downtown walking around with him. He is my best friend and I love the moments that we are able to go out alone! We always have so much fun together. We ate at Tokyo Joes which was interesting. And Jim Gaffigan was hilarious. It was so much to laugh that hard for over an hour.
It was a wonderful spring break. We will really enjoy these school breaks while we can, we only have them for a few more years! We have been welcomed back to school this week with 2 big exams. So we won't be seeing Kyle until Thursday night. It was so amazing to have him all to ourselves for an entire week. We love that man so much. This morning Juliet was saying "daddy" and Abby told her "Oh Jules he's at school!". They know how hard he works for us. We are so lucky!








No comments:
Post a Comment