Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Carnival

This was one of the most of the most challenging things I have ever taken on. I was so worried and stressed out over this. It turned out amazing! 

The youth had decided that they wanted to do a carnival fundraiser. It was a really fun idea, but I had no idea what it was going to entail. The young women did great, they had amazing ideas and were so awesome in helping me get everything done. They made all of the pennant banners that we put up in the pavilion and one of my young women painted all of the signs for each of the booths. They turned out amazing. 

We had about 7 booths (we were supposed to have more but the young men...you know...) Anyways the girls did a great job picking the booths and making them amazing. 

Some things that I would do differently would to make better assignments to let the youth know where they need to be and give them better incentives to stay there. Like a competition between the booths or something. We served hotdogs, salads and watermelon for dinner. I would have had better toppings for the hotdogs to make them yummier!

I would advertise better and a whole lot more. 

I would be better at making sure that youth and leaders (young men) followed through with what they said they would do. 

The day before and the day after the carnival the weather was terrible. But the day of the carnival was a little chilly and windy, but sunny! Our knock down the cans game wouldn't stay up. The wind knocked down the cans before anyone else could. The atmosphere was awesome. We had music playing, the decorations were awesome. We had a snow cone and a shaved ice machine. My second councilor does events and she knows how to do face painting and balloon animals. She taught the laurels how to make balloon animals, and two of my other girls helped with face painting. They worked their little tails off the entire time. 

I was so proud of those girls. And luckily we made some good money too! It was so fun! I'm very glad I don't have to do it again until next year. 

The decorations at the pavillion


Our hot dog grillers! Kyle cooked hotdogs all night long. He cooked at least 300 hot dogs. Crazy.


Balloon flower and ballon sword. I love these two kids. So do Abby and Jules.


Awesome facepainting and a fish from the fish booth.


Our knock down the cans game. Check out that sign. Ana did a great job. The girls recovered all of the cans in scrapbook paper too. So cute.


A member of the bishopric in the dunk tank.


More awesome face paiting!


Abby wasn't impressed.


Abby and her buddy stetson sharing a shaved ice. They are so dang cute together.


The sweetest little face. My dad was in town this weekend and it worked out great. He took care of my sweet girls so kyle could help me and I could focus on the carnival. We were so lucky to have him.


My First counselor Meagan and my secretary Kaylene. I love these girls.


Super awesome face painting! Ana and Tristana were naturals. The face painting booth and the dunk tank were the most popular.



Another awesome sign by the incredible Ana. She is seriously amazing.


My amazing husband slaving away. I am so grateful for him. He was so patient with me when I was so stressed over everything. He was always there to help, and he worked so hard. I couldn't be luckier.


Cute little Stetson digging through the treasure dig. The little kids loved this booth.


What an adventure. I am learning so much and growing so much. I love this calling so much. It is pushing me and helping me to be better. It was so much fun. But I wouldn't mind never having to do it again. Ha ha. 

No comments: