Sunday, May 1, 2016

April

April was crazy. This month pushed us, and stretched us. And I am now tired I could sleep for three weeks straight. And my sweet little kiddos if you could pull it together and be nice to us this next month that would be great! Thanks!

April started out with boards and general conference. Unfortunately those pictures wouldn't load. But Kyle rocked the boards! The night before boards Jane pulled an all nighter. It was not cool. I was trying to make sure that Kyle got all the sleep he needed so I was up all night with her. I was so tired the rest of the weekend. But while Kyle was taking the boards on Saturday during conference I took the girls to the nature reserve in between sessions. Then we came home and made a tent to watch conference in and made s'mores! It was really fun. 

Saturday night Kyle came home very relieved. All had gone well with his patients and he felt very confident that he had passed. So we celebrated by going out to dinner as a family! Abby was starting to get really fussy on Saturday. She kept saying it hurt to go to the bathroom so I thought she was maybe getting a bladder infection. We hurried through dinner pretty fast because she kept telling us she was going to throw up. So that was bummer. 

We came home from dinner and it as an absolutely perfect night. So we sat outside and listened to the priesthood session of conference. It was a beautiful evening as a family!

The rest of these pictures are all out of order. Which is kind of appropriate, most of April is a blur anyway!  


Reading stories with my babies. One of my absolute favorite things. 


Kyle had his rotation in Pueblo this month. So he was gone for a whole week. The second week we went with him and Stayed at Angell's house. The week that Kyle was gone was really hard. Jane got some really weird virus that lasted for three weeks. And she threw up. A lot. She threw up three times on our drive to my Great Grandpa's funeral. She three up twice all over me in the first hour that Kyle was gone to Pueblo. She was so sad and fussy all week long. I was so tired. Then the weekend Kyle got back it got really bad. She threw up almost 20 times in a two week period. It was awful. She was so sick. It scared us so bad. She is slowly starting to get back to her little self. She got an ear infection the firs week of April and then had this weird virus the next 3 weeks of April. So it was a rough month for her. 

Kyle got to Pueblo on his birthday and Angell had gotten him some candy and card! 


The light rail from the airport to downtown opened! It was free the first couple of days so we took it to the airport just to check it out. There was live music and all kinds of food and dancing at all the stops. It was pretty exciting. It was SO windy that day and we about blew away at the airport. It was only two stops from our house to the airport but on the way back the train traffic was really heavy. There were so many people riding the train because it just opened and it was free that day. It took us 40 minutes to get back to our stop. And of course Jane threw up all over me while we were stopped. It was pretty bad. But we still had  fun day and I'm so glad we checked it out! 


On Sunday Jane was getting really sick. She was throwing up more and more and was getting less and less responsive. We had to get down to Pueblo so Kyle could start his rotation Monday morning. But just as we were getting to Colorado Springs Jane threw up all over me again. I lost it. I was so tired and stressed and wanting to help my baby get better. So we turned around and went back home so we could get her to a doctor the next morning. I really really really didn't want to go to our doctor because I trust them about as far as I can throw them. So my friend that graduated from medical school last year suggested a former teacher of hers that is in private practice now. But they weren't taking any new medicaid patients. (I am so ready for real insurance and to no longer be treated like the scum of the earth). I called another office and they didn't take new medicaid patients either. So I decided we could take her to the out patient clinic at the children hospital. I have a few friends that take their kids there. But they wouldn't see her because they needed to establish her as a patient first with a physical. So we called our doctors office and they told us they didn't have any openings that day. We had to be seen that day she was still throwing up and was getting very listless. So we took her to the ER. It was so frustrating. I wish we could have just taken her to a doctor. But it ended up working out. They did some tests to check for different things and they took some X-rays of her stomach. They found some pretty intense blockage so they gave her an enima to help clear her up. Jane was really dehydrated from throwing up so much and she was struggling to poop. It was making her very uncomfortable. She feel asleep on me in-between all of the tests and it was so sweet. Thats how I knew how sick she was. She NEVER falls asleep on people. Ever. For any reason. She likes to be laying down in her bed to sleep. But she didn't have any energy so she could hardly move or keep her eyes open. In the end they figured it was just some weird virus. It lasted a full 3 weeks. We are now 4 days vomit free and Jane seems to be perking up more and more. I'm praying so hard that it is over. Its been exhausting and heart breaking. 


Skylar and Jules were pretty cute little partners in crime! I watched all seven little girls while Sean and Angell headed to Breckenridge for beach body retreat. It was pretty crazy. It was so fun to get to spend time with them and we made some pretty awesome memories. I love all those little girls so much. It snowed the whole time I was watching them so we couldn't even go outside. That made it a little hectic! 


We took all of the girls up to Breckenridge to meet up with Sean and Angell. I took pictures of her coaches and we got to hang out a little bit. The place they had rented was incredible! It had a sweet movie theater and pool table. We watched In the Heart of the Sea and it was really good! There was SO much snow. So bought some yummy lemonade and made lemonade slushies. They were delicious! Kyle and I went to this really yummy Crepe stand on Main Street. It was super yummy! We only stayed there one night and Jane was awake the entire night. We had  no idea what happened. But she wouldn't sleep and I was so worried she would wake up everyone in the house. So I got 2 hours of sleep. It was awful. It was the perfect end to a month of complete exhausting chaos. 



This is a backtrack to the beginning of the month. We missed Easter Sunday because we were driving home from Arizona. So we had a Easter do over Conference Sunday. The Easter Bunny came and did an Easter Egg hunt and we had an incredible dinner. These are the "decorations" that Abby put up for our Easter dinner. 


Our beautiful dinner! Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, deviled eggs and corn. It was really yummy. Kyle brought the beautiful flowers home after boards to thank me for all my support. He is the sweetest ever. I am so grateful for him. 



Snuggling with mommy after a work out. I lived for moments like this during April. Jane was so fussy and it was rare to see a smile on her face. 


Poor tired baby sleeping in the car. She was always so worn out. It was so hard for her body to fight this nasty thing. 


Carson came to visit on his way to Arizona from BYU-I. 


I love my Abby! 


We celebrated Kyle's 29th birthday!! It was small since he was headed to Pueblo that day and we had just got back from Utah from the funeral. We molasses cookies and sang happy birthday to him on his way out the door. Last year in his 20s! We are going to make it a good one! 



Seriously non stop crying. 


She hardly moved and wanted to be carried everywhere. 


Abby wrote "mom" on almost all of my note pad pages. I love it. So much. 


Abby made a "Christmas Tree" because it was snowing outside. We had a lot of snow this month. 


Tired baby not feeling too hot. 


Abby made her this sweet bed and she was still sad! 


Abby has the best imagination. But it is SO messy. I can't keep up with her. 


We painted pictures and painted dry pasta to make necklaces. It was a big hit with the girls! 


The picture I painted! 


So these chairs were $15 a piece, but on clearance for $5 a piece. I had to get them. Look at how cute they are! 


So much crying! 


A very tired worn out baby. 


Seriously, if I ever put her down she bawled and bawled. 


Juliet having feelings. 


Kyle comforting Jane in the hospital. She was so sick. 


Cousins playing together! 


Kyle and Skylar passed out together. 


Juliet found scissors at Angell's house and chopped her bangs. I was SO mad. It doesn't look so terrible. But its not pretty. 


We made brownies and I let the girls lick the bowl. 


watching movies with the big girls. 


Kyle's last day wearing his scrubs!!! He is done seeing patients as a student! 


Another nap. 


All seven little grand babies! 


Abby and Juliet asleep in breckenridge. We all slept in the same bed that night. Well.. when I was in there for a whole 3 hours. I only slept in the bed for 2 hours. When I got in the bed one time Abby kind of woke up and said "mommy will stay with me?" I said of course and she reached over and held my hand and went back to sleep. A very tender mercy for that very long night. They also have conversations when they sleep and it is fantastic! 


This meme very accurately sums up the month of April for me. I am so glad its over! I really hope Jane continues to get better and get back to her happy little self. 



I can't believe that April is over though! Its May! May of 2016! We have been waiting for this month for a long time. We have HUGE things happening this month. Kyle has his last week of school this week. I will start seriously packing the house. I only have three weeks to finish everything! We are heading to Vail. KYLE GRADUATES!! Do you hear me?!?! At the End of May I will be married to Dr. Kyle Cordner. So freaking exciting! We will run the boulder boulder and then we will say goodbye to Colorado on the last day of the month. Its going to fly by. Time to really soak up every last second. 

No comments: