Sunday, May 1, 2016

Grandpa Great's Funeral

My wonderful Great Grandpa Lee Nelson passed away in April. He had been so ready for such a long time and I'm happy for him that he is no longer in that aged body.  He was such a wonderful man. I am so grateful that I was able to know him. He was always so proud of his family. He was such a hard worker. He was an incredible example of faith. My great grandpa and grandma came down to Arizona when we blessed Abby. What a neat thing for her to have her Great Great Grandpa stand in the circle to help bless her. He bore his testimony that day and I will never forget the feeling I had while he bore his testimony. You could feel the strength of his testimony and his love of the gospel. I am so grateful for that. 

It was so wonderful to be there to celebrate his life and see all of our family. 

We were nervous about going to funeral because we knew that Friday night and Saturday were going to be hit hard by a huge snowstorm. We left right after the dedication of the grave to hit the road. Carson was with us, since he had been staying with us the week Grandpa Great died. That drive home was one of the scariest of my life. But we made it! 


Spring was beautiful in Roosevelt. I found this tree on my run one morning. 


We had lunch at Marions on Jane's birthday!


This was a bullet from the gun that my Great Grandpa manned during World War II. Thats a .22 next to it. 


Me and Jane before we headed over to the viewing on her birthday. 






I am so grateful for eternal families. I know we will see my great grandparents again and it will be a wonderful reunion! 

No comments: