I seriously can't believe that its been 8 years! 8 years of amazing changes and growth. Kyle has helped shape me more and more into the person I want to be. He is patient, kind and hilarious. We've done so much in 8 years. Its going to be crazy to see where we go in the next 8 years! Hopefully it involves a lot more weekends like the one we had for this anniversary.
We snuck away for a couple nights. My amazing parents watched our sweet girls. They were so excited to have a sleep over and Mema and Poppi's house. It was awesome!
We left after I ran my half marathon. I was pretty wiped out so it was nice to get to relax on the drive there. We stopped at Montezuma Castle on the way to Sedona. It was so cool! This big village set in the caves on the side of a mountain. The surrounding area was amazing as well. A big river and gorgeous fall leaves!
We made it up to our hotel in Sedona. It was amazing! Our room was pretty nice and views were amazing. So many beautiful trees and red rocks. A river ran right past the resort. It had mini golf and bocci ball. A pool and tennis courts. We could have spent a whole week there easy. We have to take our girls back! We got into our room and got ready to head out for some dinner! We were right across from the coolest shopping area. It looked like something you would see in Spain. The architecture was so amazing. It was all lit up at night. It was chillly so bundled up and headed out. So fun!
We went and had the most amazing steak at a brewery. Seriously so good. And the mashed potatoes! So yummy! Then we walked around the whole resort. We sat by the river and talked and talked. I love how we still just love to talk like we did when we first met 8 years ago. Then we went and saw Dr. Strange. It was really good!
The next day we went to Church which is always amazing. I love how wherever you are in the world when you go to church it feels like home. We came back and played a really fun round of mini golf. The resort mini golf was super fun. We were the only ones out there and we had a good time.
Then we headed out on an amazing hike. We stopped at a little roadside cafe for lunch. Middle of nowhere in the mountains and it was the coolest thing ever! So quaint and run by a bunch of hippies. I've never had sourdough bread or herb butter like that in my life! So fresh and delicious.
The hike was one of the most beautiful I've ever been on. We ended up hiking 6 miles the day after I ran a half marathon. Ha ha! I'm not very good at resting and recovering. We crossed over the creek around 6 times there and then again on the way back. The trees and cliffs were so amazing. We had such a great time. Kyle found a tarantula. Gross. We started to get rained on the last couple miles. And it rained the whole rest of the time we were there which was a bummer. We drove back to the resort, took a nap, got some dinner and relaxed the rest of the night. We did play a couple rounds of mini golf in the rain. So fun! Heaven!
Monday it was back to our girls and getting ready for Thanksgiving.
The shopping area across from our resort.
Our part of the hotel. It was separate from everything else which was really nice. It felt so secluded and cozy.
Eating lunch at the roadside cafe. They had these blankets on all the chairs to wrap up in. So cool!
Don't mind my big cheeks full of heavenly food.
I am so blessed and this trip was exactly what I needed. I felt so refreshed and ready to jump back into life when I got back. This life Kyle and I are building is more amazing than anything I could have dreamed up. We have struggles, but there is so much joy. I am so grateful my family is forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment