Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Tree 2016

Getting the tree up was not magical. Decorating it was so magical. Our girls are the sweetest and building these memories with them is so incredible. They had so much fun. 90% of the ornaments were clustered at the bottom. Jane spent the next week knocking all the ornaments off onto the ground. Ha ha! 

I started a tradition a few years ago that is quickly becoming one of my favorites. After we finish decorating the tree Kyle takes the girls up to their room to play for a little bit and I hide some presents under the tree. I come running up stairs and tell everyone that an elf must have come and dropped off an early gift from santa. They come running down and are so excited to see some gifts under the tree. They open them to find their new Christmas pajamas and a new Christmas movie. This year they got Rise of the Guardians (not really a Christmas movie but we love it and I got a great deal on it). 

Jules was a little confused and thought it was actually Christmas and was sad Santa didn't bring her the bubbles she wanted. Once she realized it was just an early surprise she got a lot more excited about it. 

It was a perfect night listening to Christmas music, decorating the tree and watching Christmas movies in Christmas PJs. I love this family of mine! 













Christmas PJ gifts under the tree! 





No comments: