Wednesday, July 25, 2018

June


So… June… I’m so grateful it is over.

June was super crazy. Again! Life is happening. Lots and lots of life. I really just want everything to go smoothly every day and apparently that is not a realistic goal. I have to say though I am proud of how our little family is rolling with things. If you know me, you know it is hard for me to let things go and roll with the punches. But I am learning, and doing a pretty good job!

June started out with Kyle in Boston for his continuing education. That was a crazy weekend since I was getting over mastitis for the second time. He had a busy week when he got back too! We were able to take the girls to the aquairum one last time before our passes expired. We really enjoyed that place over the past year!

Abby went into the office to get her two front bottom teeth pulled. Her teeth are being all sorts of crazy and the big teeth were coming up, but not disolving the roots of the baby teeth. She was so brave. We were super nervous that she would be crazy and difficult about it. She did it though! I was so seriously proud of her. She’s amazing.

The next weekend Kyle was off to Utah for the API. My mom took the girls for one of the nights for a fun sleep over. My parents are seriously the best. I am so grateful for them. They have stepped in and lifted our little family so much. The girls absoluetly adore them. The girls had such a fun sleepover! It was weird just having Eliza at home. My house was earily quiet.

The rest of the weekend went smoothly but we were excited to have our Kyle back home Sunday night.

Then we had the wedding weekend! It was a fast and furious weekend seeing everyone. The wedding was beautiful. Daniella was a gorgeous bride. The girls had so much fun being flower girls. They had even more fun being with their cousins! Its always a blast when we can get those little girls together.

One of the craziest things that happened this month was find a huge leak behind our fridge. I started to notice water squishing up under our kitchen tiles when we walked on them. This was the day before the wedding. Kyle went to the rehersal dinner that night and then was golfing the next day so we weren’t ablt to have anyone come to look at it until that afternoon. So the day of the wedding we had a guy come over to check it out. Turns out a valve was craccked behind the fridge and has been slowly leaking water into the walls, cabinets and floor for months. Hes explaining this to us, moving our fridge and putting in a ton of huge fans to start drying things out as we are putting shoes on everyone and running out the door to drive aross Phoenix to the wedding. Luckily we weren’t to stressed because he told us this was something that insurance would cover.

We left for Utah just two days later. I left to go get Kyle as soon as they showed up to start demoing the kitchen.

That was a couple of weeks ago and now we are just waiting to get started on the insurance process to start remodling. We will be getting new countertops (and extending the counter tops on the island to add bar seating), flooring, baseboards and door casings, adding some lighting, and a new backsplash!! Its going to be amazing!!!

June was full of lots of amazing moments with our girls. They all just blow us away. They are strong and gentle. They take care of each other. They help me in so many ways. They are smart and figure things out. They are independent. I just love everything about all 4 of them.

Having fun at the library! 



My dad is the best. He took Abby to see the new Solo movie. This is how he picked her up! She thought she was pretty big stuff. 


Swimming all the time! 


Her own personal AC


Kyle and I love doing crosswords together. I did one by myself while he was in boston. I got a pretty good time for doing it by myself! 


I survived all three hours of church with these 4 little hoodlums. We were even a little early for 8:00am church. 


I need this sign. I love love love having people in our home. But seriously. I need one that says leave by 8:00. 


So much love for this little baby! 


Waiting for our cookies to bake! 



Two lost teeth!! 


Abby saved up her money to get this doll seat for her bike. Its pretty awesome. 


While Jules and Jane did their princess dance camp I took Abby on a date to paint. It was so much fun! I love being with just her. We both love anything artistic so much. Its so relaxing! 
She was loving it, she was just mad I was taking her picture. 



Abby did Jane's hair. 


Side view


Another day while the sisters were at dance camp. We made puppets for Goldilocks and the three bears. She put on a pretty good show. 


The only good use for this weird cutout. Puppet shows! 


Mad again that I was taking her picture. But she is the cutest with this baby. She always wants to hold her and she does such a good job. She plays the piano with her, talks to her, and bounces her. She could keep Eliza entertained for a sold half hour. Its amazing! Eliza just lights up when she sees her. I know that Abby is going to be such an amazing influence in her sisters lives. They all look up to her and she takes her oldest sister role very seriously. She always talks about how she can't wait to start babysitting them. I can't wait for that either!! 



We got some candies after our last trip to the aquarium. 




This sweet babies first time swimming. She didn't quiet know what to think about it. 




Swimming lessons! The girls all did so amazing. They all have no fear. Jane was amazing. She was swimming all over the first day. We can't get her to stop. 


Jules was not happy when it was Abby's turn for swim lessons. 


She folds over like this anytime we put her in the bouncer! I wish I had somewhere soft to lay her out in the kitchen. She would much rather be on her back than angled in the bouncer. 


Fruit smoothies for the win! 


tummy time! 


One of Kyle's assistants got these cute pjs for the girls. I love them! 



If this picture doesn't gross you out and I don't know what will. And yet she is still so cute! 


One of the nights that Kyle was gone we had the funnest little girls night. While I was nursing I'd been reading Charlotte's web to the girls. They loved it! Jules started to cry when Charlotte died. It was fun to see them caught up in the story. Every chapter we would talk about what happened and it was really helping Abby with her comprehension skills. 

After we finished the book we watched the old animated movie that I grew up with. The girls were so excited about it. I printed out a bunch of charlotte's web coloring pages so we could color and decorate. We had yummy treat bowls and snuggled up to watch the movie. I had so much fun seeing the girls recognize what was happening in the movie because they remembered the book. It was one of those nights where the magic of motherhood was all around me and I loved it. 

Abby was the best big sister and insisted on holding Eliza for half the movie. Eliza loved it. 


Abby wanted me to send this picture to her friend Grace. They both love hatchimals. 


My mom is the best. These girls all adore her. She is so awesome to say yes to them. Jane wanted mama to read this book to her, in the bed. My mom said yes and it was just the sweetest moment. 


This was not a sweet moment. Normally I clean out the fridge every week when I get groceries. Kyle has been so awesome and has been picking up the groceries for me on his morning off and putting them all away while I feed Eliza. But he hasn't been throwing anything out and it was pretty low on my priorities. So when I had to get the groceries for the first time in 4 months I realized how bad it really was. I emptied out so much food. I don't want to admit how long that thing of half empty rootbeer had been in there. And seriously how many mostly empty things of berries does one fridge need? Apparently a lot. The fridge looked and smelled a whole lot better and there was room for all of our fresh food. Now that I'm watching it a lot closer its more organized and a lot less food is being wasted. That was not a fun time going through all of that! 


She started to get tired in her Bumbo. I can't handle how sweet this kid is. 


She gets sooooooo much love. 


From everyone. All the time. 


#teamblueeyes I'm obsessed.





wearing one of my dresses from when I was a baby. I had every intention of her wearing this dress to church. But it was way long in the arms and so tight around her neck. I must have been one weird shaped 3 month old. 


Abby has already mastered the eating with one arm. I told her I could take her and Abby says "No I've got it." Yes you do kid. 


Sometimes she has such a hard time waking up from her naps. I love these snuggles. 


I did the girls toes and finger nails for the wedding. I did little flowers with gems in the middle. Abby took this picture of me and said she did it because she wanted to remember what a fun thing we did. Thank you Abby for building me up and letting me know I'm doing a good job. 


These past few months have been such an opportunity for growth. Even though I feel like I have so much to learn I have been seeing small victories that let me know I am on the right track. I love these people I get to spend my life with. Kyle is always building me up and making me feel like I can take on anything. We are very blessed! 


No comments: