I have not been great about updating this since June. It makes me so sad because I know there are so many memories I forgot to write down that will be missed.
These past 6 months have been crazy. Remodeling the kitchen was a bigger nightmare than I thought possible. Nothing went terribly wrong or anything, we loved the people we hired. It was just a long process, and not having a kitchen with 4 little kids to take care of was really rough. The end result is gorgeous. But it was a long road.
So I'll summarize as best I can.
July started out with a trip to Utah. We stayed in Moab for my birthday and then traveled up to roosevelt for a few days. It was really fun. It was a long drive there and back, but all 4 girls did great.
One of my favorite memories from the trip was the second night when we were trying to get the girls to go to bed. In summer in Utah the days are really long! We were trying to put the girls to bed around 7:45. It was still pretty light outside. We had closed all the curtains in their room so it was pretty dark. All the sudden Kyle and I hear Juliet go "Its still light outside! We don't have to go to bed." Then they came out of their room to tell us they had discovered some great secret and they were not going to sleep. We laughed so hard and told them they didn't have to sleep right now, but they did need to stay in their room. It was super cute.
Our days were filled with a lot of trips to Lowes, home depot, and floor and decor. We did so much to our house! Our front room finally has furniture!
A lot of our time was spent trying to stay busy with it being so hot, and not having access to our downstairs for most of the summer. It was pretty rough.
August the girls started school and that has been so fun. I've had so much fun playing matching games with just my little Jane at home. She really enjoys having the house to herself.
Here are all the pictures:
I took this picture when I got back from a run. We were leaving that day for Utah. I loved seeing that car packed up and ready for an adventure. Its what I've always dreamed of!
These past 6 months have been crazy. Remodeling the kitchen was a bigger nightmare than I thought possible. Nothing went terribly wrong or anything, we loved the people we hired. It was just a long process, and not having a kitchen with 4 little kids to take care of was really rough. The end result is gorgeous. But it was a long road.
So I'll summarize as best I can.
July started out with a trip to Utah. We stayed in Moab for my birthday and then traveled up to roosevelt for a few days. It was really fun. It was a long drive there and back, but all 4 girls did great.
One of my favorite memories from the trip was the second night when we were trying to get the girls to go to bed. In summer in Utah the days are really long! We were trying to put the girls to bed around 7:45. It was still pretty light outside. We had closed all the curtains in their room so it was pretty dark. All the sudden Kyle and I hear Juliet go "Its still light outside! We don't have to go to bed." Then they came out of their room to tell us they had discovered some great secret and they were not going to sleep. We laughed so hard and told them they didn't have to sleep right now, but they did need to stay in their room. It was super cute.
Our days were filled with a lot of trips to Lowes, home depot, and floor and decor. We did so much to our house! Our front room finally has furniture!
A lot of our time was spent trying to stay busy with it being so hot, and not having access to our downstairs for most of the summer. It was pretty rough.
August the girls started school and that has been so fun. I've had so much fun playing matching games with just my little Jane at home. She really enjoys having the house to herself.
Here are all the pictures:
I took this picture when I got back from a run. We were leaving that day for Utah. I loved seeing that car packed up and ready for an adventure. Its what I've always dreamed of!
Some pictures from Utah. The big girls had so much fun riding horses. Poor Jane put her hand by a beehive and was stung 5 times in the hand! So she didn't get her turn to ride on the horses.
My family was in Utah, but over in salt lake while we were in roosevelt. They had left Maizee behind and she was so happy to see us. I took this picture to send all of them and said "loving spending time with my favorite sibling".
It was so fun showing off our Liza Lou. She is the happiest, sweetest little baby.
Playing dance dance. I love this daddy. He is the best for his girls.
Monsoon season was the BEST this year!
All summer I just let them sleep wherever they wanted. 9 out of 10 times wherever they want means all together. I don't know how they get any sleep like this!
So many trips to home improvement stores!
Lots of times while my parents were in Utah I didn't have access to the kitchen so I would just take food to my parents and make dinner there. I made blueberry muffins and abby had a good time adding butter and more blueberries. I laughed so hard. The butter looks like frosting.
Seriously the best baby. I am so sad I didn't document better her little babyness. She has been a dream. She naps great, eats great and is such a joy.
Kitchen in disarray. No walls, floors torn up and all the appliances and furniture in the middle of the room. It was so hectic and chaotic. It really threw me off, I didn't enjoy the feeling at all.
I love watching this girl do her own hair. She is so independent and incredible.
Juliet took this picture and it is one of my favorites. I love being a mom!
We tried to make lots of crafts to keep us busy and learning. We made shirts with freezer paper and bleach. Our first attempt for Jane and Abby's didn't work out. But we tried again and they turned out so cute!
Seriously heaven on earth.
Kyle bought me those flowers behind Eliza to cheer me up. I had the hardest time this summer. I was being stretched past my breaking point almost on the daily. It was rough.
And then there was always this smile to brighten my day. My little buddy is the best!
I love this heart Abby made for me!
One of the funnest things we started doing was watching drawing tutorials on youtube. Abby is dang good at them!
Juliet was not as thrilled with hers.
They remembered to bring their money on our errands. I laugh at how much little kids love these kind of things!
I saw this and laughed. Luckily even though the renovation process was long and difficult Kyle and I were always on the same page.
Eliza loves to be swaddled! Look at those little finger prints from being swaddled during a nap.
Team blue eyes. Abby is the best big sister. I just love this girl!
The girls did swimming lessons in July and they all did so well! Even Jane was swimming all over by the end of the week. We had lots of fun in the pool this year.
This summer Abby kept telling me she wanted to be a firefighter. She was worried that she couldn't be a girl firefighter. She was worried she couldn't be a mom too. So I thought it would be a great idea to go take a tour. Luckily we ran into some fire fighters at Cafe Rio and I asked them how it works taking a tour. The gave me the number and told me to call and ask for a specific time with a specific unit so that we could take a tour with the girl firefighters. It was so much fun! Abby was so incredibly shy and hid behind me the entire time, but she really enjoyed it. Juliet kept asking to go back to the kitchen where all the boys were. That girl is going to be an adventure.
These two little have been so fun. I love seeing Eliza's relationship with all her older sisters. They are so good to her.
We love family movie nights! Its probably one of our favorite things to do.
Abby even helps me change her diaper and clothes. I love how Eliza's tongue is out in almost every picture of her. She works that little tongue.
I cute the girls hair before school started. Look at the difference for Abby's!
We celebrated the end of summer by going to peter piper pizza. We had a really good time!
Abby did her first sewing project. We made a little sleeping bag for her american girl doll.
Kyle and I were able to go on a date the Diamondbacks game! It was so much fun! We had these great seats that had access to the tunnels under the stadium.
We built buildings with toothpicks and candy.
I snuggled this little baby so much!!
I like to watch shows on my computer while I cook and clean. The girls love watching baking shows with me!
Family runs to Sodalicious! We always, always play Jenga.
Picking out new backpacks.
Baking together.
So many rounds of matching games. Jane is good. Like really good, I have to work hard to just tie with her!
More lowes.
Loving our new furniture.
Abby got tired of how messy the tubberware cupboard was. So she sat and organized it for me.
All about Abby at the start of 2nd grade:
favorite food: fruit snacks
favorite color: blue
Favorite animal: dog
Favorite subject: science
When she grows up she wants to be a firefighter and a mom.
Kyle killing it during sacrament. He is the best dad!
Kyle is trying to teach us all the tricks of foosball so that he doesn't dominate us every single time.
Juliet got clipped down to red one day. I made her write apology letters to her teacher and to the art teacher.
This three year old has been so grouchy, she seriously cries all the time. But she is the sweetest. We are so lucky to have her.
I mean seriously. Abby is the greatest.
My husband is the sweetest. He surprised me with this next to our bed one day.
Jane loves to stand with her head out the sunroof while we wait for the girls after school.

No comments:
Post a Comment