Friday, July 13, 2012

Need to vent!

So Colorado is absolutely gorgeous! Pictures are coming soon of our beautiful home. You should see the view outside of our house. It is all trees and plants and green grass. The weather is amazing, Kyle and I laughed this morning watching the news as the news casters were complaining about how hot it was.

But there has been this one thing that has been hanging over my head all week, and I need to vent about it. Moving into a new house always has its issues. You have to get your water, electricity, internet and TV set up. Anyone seen the Brian Regan bit on this? Its going to be a big nightmare, something about hell on earth. Ya we've been experiencing that this week. I am an online student through ASU and I am taking two courses this summer.
Kyle was awesome and called our internet provider before we moved so that they would come out and set up the internet ASAP. We moved in Monday and they came Wednesday to set up the internet. They didn't come out until 5:00 that day, but that was fine because I didn't have anything due until Midnight on Wednesday. So the guy comes, messes around outside, tells us we're good to go and leaves. Kyle goes to hurry and set it all up, and its not working. 4 hours later he is finally off the phone with tech support, and they say there is nothing they can do until MONDAY!!! I have a quiz due that night, a discussion due the next day, 3 homework assignments and 2 exams due on Sunday.

Needless to say I need internet, immediately. So that night I drove to a McDonalds and Starbucks to see if they had WiFi. Neither did, but a Del Taco across the street did, but it wasn't working and no one in the place spoke English so they couldn't help me. I drove to two other places, and wasn't able to find internet. So I had to take a zero on the quiz. The next day we call Quest to see if they can come and install the internet that day, they still can't. So I drive the public library that is right down the street from our house. Its closed three days out of the week: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Great. At this point I just start laughing, there is nothing else I could do. I drive home and we call a Barnes and Noble we saw that was pretty far away to check to see if they have WiFi. I drive there and realize the computer is about ready to die. I can't find a plug in the entire store, so I finally sit on the floor and rush through my homework that is due that day. Luckily I get it done right before the computer dies.

Today I head over to the library in the morning because we have some things that we need to get done this afternoon. Luckily the library is open and the internet is quick and everything is great. Except for one thing. I can't sign into MyASU the site I need to access all of my classes. I tried Safari and Google Chrome. Both are giving me the same crazy error. So I spent an hour in the library chatting with ASU tech support but they aren't able to help me. Restart my computer a couple times, and pray really hard. Finally I text Kyle and ask him to call quest one more time to see if they can come out. Kyle being the awesome husband that he is calls them and finally they have an opening. They are sending a tech guy out today between 1-5 (don't you just love those long openings where you have to sit at home and wait around for them?). But I don't care I am so grateful that they are coming out. Please please pray for us that it is an easy fix and that I will have convenient working internet in my home tonight.

I can't wait until this crazy part of the adventure is over and settled! Now if we could just getting Abby's teeth that are bothering her to pop out life would be great!

Just keep swimming right?

No comments: