We started out our Christmas festivities with our Ward party. It was so much fun! The dinner was super yummy, the decorations were so fun, Santa was awesome and it all ended with a "snow ball fight". That was a huge highlight. Towards the end of the night they put a bunch of tissue paper on all the tables. Everyone crumpled it up and then the started playing music and everyone went crazy. The girls loved it. They even mixed in some yellow tissue paper (yellow snow..get it?) Our ward is awesome. Its hard moving somewhere new, but I feel more at home after 6 months here than I thought I would. Its awesome!
Then we had Abby's first school Christmas concert. It was so fun! She had her family, her grandparents on both sides, and even her Great Grandma there to support her. I am so grateful for family! Abby did great. I thought she would be nervous but she did so well. She kept look over at us and smiling. She was standing right behind a girls that was two feet taller than her, why they put little Abby and her tiny friend Olivia anywhere but the front row I will never know. So that stunk that we could hardly see her. But she was so cute with all the actions. I am just so proud of her I could explode. After we went and got ice cream with grandma and grandpa.
The next night we went to Kyle's work party. It was at the phoenix zoo which was a lot of fun. We had a dinner and talked with a bunch of people. Then we walked around the zoo and looked at all the lights. It was pretty cool. It was weird, I've been going to those parties for years. I've always been the employee, but this time I was the doctors wife! It was fun to see all my old co workers and friends.
On night we went and walked around Old Town Gilbert. That was a lot of fun. The water tower was little up all festive. There were lights and cool window displays. It was a fun night and we saw a lot of new restaurants down there we need to go check out.
We also went and walked around the riparian preserve christmas lights. That was really fun too. The whole park has light displays all around the lake and through the trails. The girls loved it! We'll be going again next year for sure.
We went to the temple lights twice!! It was so fun. We went just our little family and then we went with all of my family. Both times we stopped and got hot chocolate at QT and then walked all over the temple grounds. Those lights never disappoint.
Juliet had her little Christmas concert at preschool. She was so excited but ended up getting the stomach flu that day. She was totally fine when I dropped her off, but when I got back for her concert she was yawning and looked so pale. She hardly sang. It was a bummer. She looked so cute up there. We love that happy, excited girl!
The Sunday before Christmas Wendy and I combined forces for sharing time/singing time and did a nativity play. I provided all the costumes and led the music. It was super fun!
We had Abby's school Christmas party on the half day before school got out. That was a lot of fun. They made Christmas trees. Abby's looked so cool and then she threw it away before I got a picture. And jules and jane ate theirs. Typical. Its always fun to see Abby in her element.
We made Ginger bread houses on Christmas Eve. Next year we won't put it off until the last second. It was rushed and we were tired from all the activities that day. But Abby and Jules still really enjoyed it.
Between all of these fun things we watched a lot of Christmas movies. Our big nice comfy couch was heavenly to snuggle up on and watch all our favorite movies.
It was a beautiful Christmas Season. Its so fun to make these memories as a family!
Ward Christmas Party
Craft area
Visiting Santa
Abby wanted: girl legos
Jane just wanted that candy cane and she was done with Santa.
Jules asked for pink bubbles
Snowball fight!
Abby's school concert
the lights in Old Town Gilbert
Walking back to our car from the temple lights
Abby put this picture in the tree. It was one of my absolute favorite things. A perfect reminder.
Gingerbread houses!
A family selfie after the ward Christmas party. I love this crew!
Juliet photobomb!
After Abby's Christmas concert
In the zoo at Kyle's work party
Preschool Christmas Concert
My only picture from the riparian preserve
Abby's Polar Express
Primary nativity
My three girls in Old Town Gilbert. It was not nearly as cold as Juliet's outwear would lead you to believe.
Abby's school Christmas party
Hot chocolate at the temple lights!
Holding hand at the temple lights. I love these two best friends.
We started putting together Christmas gifts the week before Christmas. We are so happy we didn't leave it until Christmas eve!
My favorite trees at the temple lights
Our Christmas Advent. This was the first year we've been able to go the whole month through because we weren't traveling. The pictures have scriptures on the back. We go through the Savior's whole life. I would read them every morning before School. I honestly didn't think they were listening. Then my dad started asking them about the pictures and the repeated everything back to him. It was a cool lesson that they are listening to me, even when it fees like they aren't. It was really nice to start out every morning thinking about the Savior. I feel like it really helped focus me this Christmas season.
I love Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment