Thursday, May 4, 2017

Jane is 2

Dear sweet Jane Baby,

I can't believe you are two years old. It went by so fast. You are the most darling girl. I absolutely love getting you out of bed each morning. I hear you talking in your crib and I open the door to hear a big happy "mommy!" Big smiles and hugs and a demand that I change your "pew pews" (stinky diaper) You refuse to eat breakfast and spend the entire morning being super grouchy because you are so hungry. Its kind of the worst. You want to be held. All. the. time. I am starting to get sore hips from packing you around all the time! You are most certainly the baby. You are so loving. You give the best hugs. Your vocabulary has been growing every single day. I love hearing you talk. Anytime we are watching anything you say "what happening" over and over and over again. Its hilarious. You say "I'm sorry mom" over everything. Its so cute. Its making things easier to be able to communicate with you more and more. 

You love your sisters. More than anything else. Especially Juliet. Your relationship the past few months has been becoming stronger and stronger. You two will spend hours together. You follow whatever it is she wants you to do. She loves it and she loves you. One day I was on the phone and you were crying really hard. I couldn't hold you because I was on an important call. Juliet kept complaining about how loud you were crying and I told her to ignore you and go somewhere quite if she needed to. Well she ignored me. She got down on the ground with you and stroked your hair and said "shh, shh, its ok Jane, its ok." Over and over again. She had you so relaxed and calmed down by the time I got off the phone. You are so loved by those two big sisters. They do a lot to protect you and take care of you. 

You are very independent. You are have zero fear. You see someone do something and you immediately think "I could do that" and you go for it. Always keep that attitude! Its very impressive, even if it gives me a lot of heart attacks. 

You are seriously the most precious thing. I love how much you want to be close to me. I cherish being your mother. I am grateful for the front row seat I have in watching you grow and learn and be the best you can be. We need you in our family Jane. You are the sweetest little girl. This next year is going to be the best yet! 



You will follow Juliet anywhere. I love how much you want to be like her. She is a good example to follow. 







I just want to remember everything about your tiny little person right now. Your hands and your feet. Your smile and your cheeks and your big brown eyes. I always want to remember the sound of your voice. It breaks my heart to think how much I've already forgotten, about you and your sisters. I love you all so much. I know I am not the perfect parent, but I love you all with all my heart. 


No comments: