Girls camp was such a blast!! One of the best years I have ever been to. My ward is amazing. The girls are incredible. No fighting, crying or drama. Great attitudes and they are so kind and helpful. And funny! We had a serious mouse problem in the girls cabin. Like we saw them all the time! And yet everyone slept well, and other than normal "oh my gosh there is a mouse in here" freaking out everyone was really cool about it.
I had so much fun bonding with the girls and with the other leaders. We all had such a blast together. The theme for camp was "Treasure the Truth". Each ward was a gem that coordinated with a young women value. We were faith and our gem was a diamond. Our ward theme was Faith over Fear. It was an awesome theme. Our president came up with the best idea for all our devotionals that all coordinated with our decor, and our shirts and just really tied everything together. It was awesome!
The food was amazing! The activities and classes were so neat. We just had so much fun. The first night we did a faith walk with just our ward that ended back at our beautiful lit up cabin. After the devotional we had everyone wear black and then we taped glow sticks all over the girls and had an epic dance party in the dark. So much fun! The next night the stake did a similar thing and we had so much fun partying!
The last night the stake did the most amazing spiritual night all about the Savior. They had different items on the stage that represented different stories from his life. A narrator would talk about the story and then someone would come out and share a story from their lives that tied in with how the savior helped them. Not a dry eye in the room. It ended with all of us singing "I Believe in Christ". So powerful. Then we had an amazing testimony meeting. Best way to end girls camp.
Then we got up and pack up and headed out. The bus ride home was the worst ever!! Everyone on the bus was soooooooo car sick. It was awful!!
I love serving in YWs. Its amazing!
President Kami setting up all in the incredible decorations she had made. She is incredible.
Way fun minute to win it game we played with the stake the first night.
Our ward glowstick party
First year hike!
The best leaders ever! I had so much fun with them. I am so grateful for all I learned from them that week.
No comments:
Post a Comment