We were finally able to go to the ward campout!! The last one we went to was before Abby was born. I love camping! Seriously love it. And our girls love it too! Its so good to get out in nature and get a little dirty. It was a good time. The drive was long! The campsite they picked was almost 3 hours away. For one night that is a long way to go. We got out later than we wanted because we had to pick up the food for the Elder's quorum breakfast. So we had to stop and get dinner at a Wendy's in Payson. I was so bummed. I wanted to roast hot dogs! But we were able to roast marshmallows so that was nice. The last 4 miles of the drive were a crazy bad dirt road. It took us forever to make it those few short miles. Once we got there we set our tent up super easy and got settled in. Unfortunately the guy bringing up the porta potty didn't make it until 9:00pm. So that was an adventure trying to convince Abby that it was safe to go in to the pitch dark woods and pee. It was awesome. She screamed. A lot. Ha ha!
The girls all slept like rocks. It was great. Abby woke up to pee once. The slept right through the Elk calls, coyotes and owl right above our tent. I didn't get much sleep. It was so cold and I was worried about the girls staying warm!
The next morning the Elders quorum made a delicious breakfast. The primary did crafts and we went on a little hike. It was a fun little outing. I love making these memories with my family!
The drive up. They were so excited we were going camping! And luckily Jane slept most of the time.
Kyle hard at work cooking breakfast
Abby in her happy place. She did a lot of crafting.
All the heart eyes for Juliet's overalls!
I love this little girl!
This isn't the best picture, but look at those sisters walking with their arms around each other. I love them!
Building houses for bugs
I love Jane's dirty face!! She had such a fun time. They were all filthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment