We had a really fun/hard/rewarding/exhausting trip to Utah. It started out with a 6 hour drive that turned into a 9 hour drive. We were stuck between Georgetown and the Eisenhower Tunnel for 2 and a half hours. Thats only 12 miles. 12!! Its supposed to take 15 minutes. And it took 2 and a half hours. Jane, Juliet and Kyle just ran with it. Not a whole lot phases them. Abby and I were losing it. It was awful. Luckily the girls did great for the rest of the drive. We were supposed to get to my Grammy's house before dinner and we got there just in time for bed.
My dad, Halee and Carson were there for the API. Kyle had a blast playing golf for two whole days. We hung out with my Grammy, Aunt Denee, Emme and Luke. It was fun getting to hang out and talk. The girls had a blast playing with Halee and Luke.
Saturday night we went out to dinner with all of the adults and Jane. Abby and Jules stayed with Halee and Luke. We went to a steak house where you cook your own steak on the really hot rock. Its so fun. The steak was delicious! It was fun getting to sit and relax and talk to everyone.
The 2015 API team. Left to right: Lester, Colm, Grandpy, Dad, Carson and Kyle
Juliet climbed and feel asleep with my dad. So sweet.
Abby playing in the water. She loves the water! She is a little tease like my dad. She kept spraying everyone with the water squirter.
Found this picture of me while we were there. I was dying. This is me when I was 2 and it looks just like Juliet! Even the lighter hair. So crazy!
Playing out in the backyard. This sweet little Jane was the best baby the entire time we were in Utah. She is such an angel.
Abby and Juliet loved these little bikes that Grammy had. The would ride on them every night. The mosquitos were really bad so it was hard to be outside for a long time.
One of the hardest parts of the entire trip was the night time. And it was the newborn. Oh no. It was the 2 year old. Juliet would not sleep unless she was in bed with me. It was terrible. She would wake up screaming and I was so afraid she would wake up Jane. She was restless every single night. The first couple of nights she didn't sleep at all. I was up with her for 4 hours one night. It was so bad.
After the API Kyle headed home and left me! That was when things got really hard and crazy. Having three little kids is a lot of work and Kyle really helps me with so much that it is hard to be apart. We were all sleeping in the same room at my Grandpa Greats house. Juliet would wake me up 3 or 4 times a night and then Jane would wake up at 5 and I would have to rock her back to sleep so she didn't wake up the girls. So pretty much I wasn't sleeping. I was exhausted and wondering why the heck I thought that this was a good idea.
But it ended up being so worth it. My family got to Ioka late Thursday night. So we woke up to them Friday morning and the girls were thrilled. Kyle came later that day and it was so wonderful to be reunited with him. I love him. So much. I will spend my whole life trying to deserve him. Anyways back to the Nelson reunion. It was a blast. My dad took Abby up to play in the lake and she was in heaven. She even rode on the tube behind the boat. They said she was even telling them to go faster! It was so cute listening to her talk about it. "The boat would go up and down (she telling all of this with cute little hand motions) and it would go wee (really) fast!"
I was so proud of my brave girl.
Little jules snuggled up against me as I fed Jane in the morning. I sure love my sweet girls.
Haley being a goof ball.
A big yawn after her 5:00am wake up call.
Sweet girls sleeping in.
There are few things in life that I enjoy looking at more than these three faces. Especially Janes face. I love baby expressions. They're hilarious.
So these next few pictures are really out of place.
This was at the beginning of our drive to Utah. Before the horrific traffic. Such a beautiful place!
Pictures of the food from the API. Kyle always goes on and on about the food there. I've never had any, so we'll have to take his word on it.
I told him to make sure he stayed hydrated. So he sent me this picture... not exactly what I meant. Ha ha.
Beautiful Roosevelt golf course
Jane's 5 generation picture with my Dad's grandpa. This is Lynn Labrum. I'm named after him. It was very special to get to spend some time with this great man.
This was Saturday morning after being reunited as a family. It was so nice to have him help me get the girls up and ready for the day. He is the best dad!
We were all happy to have him back with us. And Juliets hair. I really try and pull it out of her face but she hates have things in her hair. She is a hot mess. All the time. But a dang cute hot mess.
The last night of the Nelson reunion my dad got a ton of fireworks and sparklers and put on quite the show. Abby and Jules weren't so sure about them at first. But I told them it was pixie dust and Jules was sold. She kept wanting sparkler after sparkler. Abby was warming up to them and then she touched the hot part and burned herself. Then she didn't want anything to do with it.
The firework show was awesome. It always feels like we are in danger of blowing up when my dad does these impromptu shows. So that really adds to the excitement. Abby and Jules loved it as long as I had my arms wrapped around them both holding them so close. Abby still can't stop talking about it.
This was before the hand burning. She was starting to love the sparklers or the "pixie dust".
The next morning we headed home and the drive went much smoother. We made it home in great time and it was so nice to sleep in our own beds in separate rooms. I love my girls but they are the noisiest sleepers! Now all the girls are back to sleeping in until 8:00 in the morning which is SO nice. It was a fun trip. A hard trip, but a fun trip. It was worth everything for the fun memories we made. Family is everything to me. I'm so grateful for every moment I get to spend with them. Watching my girls interact with them is the best. Hopefully we make it out next year too!























No comments:
Post a Comment