Sunday, November 12, 2017

Halloween!

Actual Halloween was so much fun! Juliet had a halloween party at preschool and got to wear her Moana costume. Abby got to wear her Rey costume to school too. I was able to go help with her class halloween party and it was so much fun! Her teacher nailed it with the activities and how it was laid out. Then Kyle and the girls came and met us at the school for the Halloween parade. Abby ran right past us so we hardly got a good picture of her! I love that halloween parade though. It is so cute and fun. 

Then we relaxed and watched halloween movies that afternoon. Then it was dinner and time for trick or treating. I headed out with the girls first. Then we met up with Kyle and he came with us for a little bit. He likes to hand out candy with his fun jumping spider. We met up with Wendy and Max. Max wanted to go the same way with us and they had the coolest wagon. They had taken one side off so the kids could just jump on and off. Then we ran into the Illizalaturi's and they started walking with us too. Kyle and Jane headed back to our house to keep handing out candy after a little bit. Then the shields met up with us. We ran into a bunch of other ward members too. It was so much fun. We walked back past our house and Jane decided she wanted to come with us. I was thinking it would be fine. I had told the girls we would do just a few more houses and then it would be time to head home. Their buckets were full to the top of candy. Then as we were all walking back towards our houses a ton of cop cars come cruising down our street and stop right by our house! The cops totally blocked off the road and I couldn't' get the girls back home. Our bishop talked with one of the officers and they said there was a woman with a gun in a house diagonal to ours that was shooting at her husband. Super scary! I called kyle and he said he could see officers with big Ak 47s and shields walking around the house. At this point Jane is losing it. She is sooooooooooo tired. Luckily we were right by the Illizalituris house and we all went inside to watch a halloween show and wait out the standoff. At this point it was after 8 and we had no idea how long it would be. The neighbors right next door to the house that the cops were at were calling Wendy and said that swat was on its way. My mom called me to make sure that we were ok and I told her we might have to walk over to their house for the night. Luckily about 15 minutes after that the cops had both people in handcuffs and we could go home. By the time we got home Jane was a huge mess. She had the hardest time settling down to go to sleep. But Abby and Jules were still have the funnest time. Juliet thanked Kami as we left her house saying "Thank you for the Halloween Party". It was pretty funny. They were totally oblivious to the situation going on. We let them dump out their candy and go through it. Then it was finally time to get everyone in bed. Then Kyle and I watched "The Watcher in the Woods". It was not as scary as I remember it being when I was a little kid. Ha ha! And then Halloween was over! You better believe I was dancing around to Christmas music while taking down the halloween decorations the next morning. 

I loved how the halloween decorations turned out this year. Every year we'll just keep adding a little more! 



It took me forever to tape all of these up! And it took forever to get them down too! 


abby running past us at the parade! 


Jane double fisting suckers while we were out trick or treating. 


The cop cars in front of our house. You can't see the house that was the surrounded. It was one more to the left. 


All the candy! 



It was a fun and exhausting Halloween. But it was the first one where no one needed to be carried. It was really nice! 

No comments: