Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was perfect! Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year which was so neat. We got up extra early and went to church with all of Kyle's family. Abby and Jules had so much fun sitting with their cousins. A little bit too much fun. We couldn't keep them quiet. The music and just being with everyone was so fun. It was the perfect way to start the day. 

Then everyone headed over to our house for a Christmas Eve brunch. I had homemade waffles with all kinds of toppings (buttermilk syrup, strawberries, rasberries, black berries, nutella, and homemade whipped cream), elegant eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt and granola, and a hot chocolate bar! I didn't take any pictures of the layout. It was so cute! 

The only problem was the circuits in our kitchen kept going out. We had too much plugged in and going on. So it took forever to get everything cooked and ready to eat. Finally it all worked out and everyone's tummies were super full. It was a blast. I had some crafts and coloring pages to keep the girls busy and they watched some Christmas movies with their cousins. We all just laughed and talked together. It was great! 

After everyone left Kyle napped and the girls played. I made a banana cream pie for dinner that night. Then we headed over to the Cordners for a musical program. It was so fun to see everyone's talents. Kyle's family is seriously amazing. His mom plays the piano like an angel! Keri and Tara did a couple of duets on their flutes. It was so beautiful. I was so happy my girls have such amazing examples to look up to. 

After the program we went home to change and get my items for dinner ready to go. We spent the rest of the evening at my families house! Dinner was incredible. My mom had it decorated so beautifully. She always does such an incredible job. I made the cutest name place cards for everyone! It was so fun! Then we did the nativity program, had a musical program and played the Night Before Christmas game. Kyle and I scored $20! 

The best part of the night was when my mom asked everyone to share a few thoughts about "because of him". It was so neat to hear everyone's testimonies about the Savior. Abby shared a really sweet thought. It was very cute. Then Lacee sang "Here is Hope". It was a very spiritual moment. 

After all the fun stuff at my parents we headed home to get our Christmas PJs on. Jane slept in Abby and Juliet's room, even though she really didn't want to at first. She was so tired she just wanted to crawl in bed and sleep. But Abby and Jules were determined to have everyone together. Luckily it worked out and she was asleep almost instantly. The first thing we did when we got home was talk about our manger. We put the last few pieces of straw in and then put the baby Jesus in the manger. He was so soft and cozy in there. The girls loved it. Then we put him in by the Christmas tree so that we could remember the Savior while we opened all the gifts the next day. We tucked the girls in and read them a Christmas story. I love reading a story about being grateful right before they go to bed. Kyle put up some chairs to block their hallway so they couldn't go downstairs without us. They were very excited and we didn't feel like we could trust them. Ha ha! 

Then my dad, Carson and Andi came over to help us set up the trampoline! We were so nervous that it was going to take hours but we had that thing up in 30 minutes. Thank goodness! We were so lucky they came over. Then we set out the stockings and the other Santa gifts. Seriously the best part of Christmas for me. I couldn't sleep that night I was so excited for them to see everything in the morning. 

Ivan was so tired he fell right to sleep on Kyle. 


Kyle playing a duet with his mom. 




My mom's dinner layout. And my super cute place cards! 





The angels, shepherds and mary and Joseph. 


Jane was the cutest Shepherd! 





After we put the girls to bed I realized we forgot to do all the Santa stuff. Whoops! So I set out the cookies and milk for them. This is the thank you note he left! 


Jane's pile


Juliet's Pile


Abby's pile


Before all the crazy


Christmas dresses



No comments: