We spent the last week of break in Vail. All thanks to Tim and Kelly who were generous enough to let us use some timeshare points so we had somewhere awesome to stay! We had a nice little one bedroom suite. The no air-conditioning really scared me at first. But they had the little unit you can see in the picture below that kept the living area (which was also where the girls slept) nice and cool and we had a big fan in our room that kept it nice.
We had this nice balcony that we hardly used because Kyle and I were so nervous the girls were going to crawl/fall through the railing. It wasn't very safe! But we sat out there a couple times in the evening after they were asleep and it was so nice! I would come back and read out there after my runs while everyone was still sleeping. The air smelled delicious. I love the mountains.
This little girls is the happiest baby. She is such a joy. We seriously can't get over how lucky we are.
Abby loved sitting in this little area and looking at all the pictures.
The area around our hotel was incredible. We were actually staying in Avon, which is a little west of Vail. There was so much to do that was walking distance from the hotel. It was perfect.
This park was about a 5 minute walk from our Hotel. It was a really cool play ground. It also had a big grassy area with a huge stage and a lake and a creek. We had a lot of fun playing on the playground and exploring.
There was an incredible running path that went for miles and miles along this river. I had a great time. The first day I went hardly 3 miles in about 45 minutes because I kept stopping to take pictures and sit by the river. It was so beautiful. After that I was a little more serious about running. The last day we were there I ran 9 miles. Like it was nothing! At almost double my usual elevation. I was really proud of myself. But its easy when there is so much to look at.
We were in Vail for Sunday so we went to the Vail ward and it was such a neat experience. It was a tiny little building and there is only the one ward for the whole area. The chapel didn't have pews it just had soft folding chairs set up. it looked like the chapel also double as their multipurpose room. We were thinking about staying for all 3 hours, but no one showed up for the nursery. There are only two kids in the nursery normally so we assumed they were out of town so they didn't have any leaders prepared. So we decided to head back to the hotel.
So really random we were sitting down waiting for sacrament meeting to start and this little family walks in. I did a double take because I recognized them but didn't know why. Then I saw the mom and realized she was one of my favorite bloggers! She was Taza (naomi davis) from Rockstar Diaries! I was a little star struck. I was going to talk to her after church but she disappeared to feed her baby and I never saw her again.
This is the view from the door to the church. So beautiful there!
A little after church selfie.









No comments:
Post a Comment